Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam has touched our lives in a way that the impact will last for eternity.
In his honour, the least that we can do is to work to the best of our potential and bring Dr Kalam’s vision of 2020 for India into a reality. We are still far from it, but working tirelessly towards the goal is the least we can do for him, for ourselves.
To recapitulate the 5 major areas of development as Dr Kalam points out in the Vision 2020:
- Agriculture and Food Processing: With all four seasons and fertile land conditions, India is very well suited to be a dominating agrarian country. Let’s get back to it!
- Infrastructural growth with reliable electric power: Growth doesn’t commensurate to fulfilling the needs of the hour. It rather suggests a sustainable scaling of infrastructure that can meet the needs of today as well as tomorrow.
- Education and Healthcare: These are the two main aspects that ensure the social security of an individual. Lets strive towards educating ourselves rather than being just literate.
- Information and Communication Technology: We are showing good trends in this department, especially in the fields of telecommunication and remote education services. However, there is still a lot of scope of improvement in e-governance and telemedicine.
- Critical Technologies and Strategic Industries: It is a matter of great pride for all of us that ISRO has put us on the space map, time and again, with the gigantic projects successfully implemented. fortunately, Dr Kalam witnessed the upsurge. We need to establish ourselves as world leaders and attract industries to our motherland. Better land laws and labour reforms will only help!
We need to work together as a unit, a nation. Do what you are doing in the best way that you can. As long as we are sincere and honest to our trait, Dr. Kalam’s vision will come into a reality.
I would like to quote Dr. Kalam
You cannot change your future, but you can change your habits and surely your habits will change your future.
Dr. Kalam – may your soul rest in peace.